Childhood Antibiotics Linked with Illness in Adulthood
More news on gut bacteria via Time magazine. A large study out of the University of Michigan has found that antibiotics eliminate helpful bacteria in the gut that would otherwise help make allergen-fighting immune cells.
The research also revealed a connection between early antibiotic use and disease later in life.“Over the past year we synthesized hundreds of studies,” said study author Dr. Dan Knights, “and found evidence of strong correlations between antibiotic use, changes in gut bacteria, and disease in adulthood.
Our two cents : You often here people saying, “my kid is always sick!” Soon they’ll be saying, “my kid is always treated!”
We knew that overuse of antibiotics increases bacterial resistance but this study may finally show that it also decrease the ability for people to fight infection further down the line.
- Tribeca Pediatrics was born in Dr. Michel Cohen’s home, in 1994.Our Story
- Since then, our offices have grown
in number, all with that
same homey feeling.Locations
- This was made possible by
an incredible staff,they’re the best doctors in nyc!The Team
- A Multitude of Resources.Health Resources
- and inclusivity towards all families, by accepting most insurancesCheck Insurance
- So we hope to meet you!Schedule An Info Session
Your browser does not support iframes. Go to https://portal.tribecapediatrics.com/