The Teething Myth
Over at Slate this week the mother of a drooling, crying, “teething” baby looks into the research and learns that not only does teething not cause pain for babies (or fevers) but parents risk missing out on actual problems if they attribute all weird or excessively fussy symptoms to teething.
Our two cents:
Finally the reality of teething is being questioned! It should reassure parents to know that teething is not as traumatic as most assume. There is no physiological basis for a teething fever. Most so-called teething moments will resolve after a few minutes of rocking the baby to sleep.
- Tribeca Pediatrics was born in Dr. Michel Cohen’s home, in 1994.Our Story
- Since then, our offices have grown
in number, all with that
same homey feeling.Locations
- This was made possible by
an incredible staff,they’re the best doctors in nyc!The Team
- A Multitude of Resources.Health Resources
- and inclusivity towards all families, by accepting most insurancesCheck Insurance
- So we hope to meet you!Schedule An Info Session